August 6, 2009

Accessibility and Organization

So today was an exciting day in the world of me. I finally bought an SB-900 Small Flash for my camera. I actually had to go to three different stores before I found one. I think calling would have been easier. I also picked up some rechargeable batteries for it. I'm really weird when it comes to new gadgets. I always open it right away and inspect the box contents then it sort of sits propped up on display for a while. Almost like I'm watching... Waiting for it to do something. I creep around it for a while before I finally power it on and then I'm amused for hours. So currently it's in waiting mode. I've only used an SB-800 once in my life. The weather conditions that day were almost unbearable so I didn't have a chance to experiment much. I think it's going to take me some time to figure out how to use my new toy. Luckily, I've had a bazillion models e-mail me that want take some shots so I should be busy in no time.

The other day I spent most of it cleaning and organizing my apartment. I would really like to set up a small studio but lack of space is an issue. I cleaned out my closet - Literally, not metaphorically. I also tidied up my office area and came to a few conclusions. Accessibility and organization are crucial elements to a productive work environment. I'm relatively organized in terms of keeping things labeled, alphabetical order and that type of thing. But it's important to have all areas organized and items should be easy to find. I sorted through numerous printers, scanners, cords, thingamajigs and dohickies. Some of it was sort of stuffed away but I put it out in the open so it's easy to use. If it's not ready to use then what's the point of having it? It will probably just act as a paper weight or collect dust.

On another note, Twitter seems to not be working at the moment. I've tried for about three hours to post an update. Apparently, they're dealing with an "denial-of-service attack" and are in the midsts of getting the site fully operational again.

No comments:

Post a Comment